Spirit of the Coorong Murray Mouth Cruise is our shortest cruise experience, which takes only 2 hours. On this cruise you will go through the Goolwa Barrage and see where the Murray River meets the Southern Ocean.
The Murray Mouth Cruise departs from the Main Wharf in the old river port town of Goolwa. Cruise to the Goolwa Barrage, through the lock and down to the Murray Mouth with views to the Coorong sand dunes.
As you cruise your captain provides an informative and entertaining commentary on the passing scenes, bird-life, and history of the area and the role of the locks in maintaining the river environment.
At the Murray Mouth go ashore for a walk (subject to water levels and weather conditions) before rejoining the boat for the cruise back through the lock to the Goolwa wharf.
Gift Vouchers can be purchased for this cruise, by clicking here: Gift Vouchers
Spirit of the Coorong cruises are casual and relaxed so casual comfortable clothing is very suitable.
- A jacket – if it is likely to be a cool day. Temperature in the Coorong is usually 5 degrees or so cooler than Adelaide and one guided walk takes you to the Southern Ocean beach where a cool sea breeze may be blowing.
- Sunscreen and a hat – if it is likely to be a hot day and particularly if you wish to take in the scenery from the open upper deck.
- Sun glasses to reduce glare.
- Comfortable walking shoes – guided walks include beach/sand dunes so shoes/sandals you can remove easily are best.
- Cameras, still or video.
- Binoculars if you want a close look at birdlife or any wildlife.
Bookings are essential to avoid disappointment.
Payment can be made by cash, visa or master card at the time of booking, or prior to cruise departure – please check-in at least 30 minutes before cruise departure if paying on departure. During peak holiday periods of Christmas, New Year and Easter full payment will be required at the time of booking.
Cancellation fees apply (100%) if your booking is cancelled on the day of the cruise departure. Please give us as much notice of your cancellation as possible to avoid cancellation fees and to allow us to re-sell your seat.
Liability. Belluna Pty Ltd (operators of Spirit of the Coorong Cruises) maintains public liability insurance but indemnifies itself against any damage, loss or injury arising out of any action or lack of action by an external party.
Rights of the Company or Master. Spirit of the Coorong Cruises reserve the right to cancel or alter cruises at their discretion due to water levels, lock access or other operational conditions.