From Goolwa, aboard our historic timber fantail “MV MARANUI”, enjoy a 1 hour river cruise. Highlights include: Wharf Precinct, Storm Boy Boat Tour, Goolwa Barrage, the new “Coorong Quays” (marina), seals, birds, bridges, ever-changing scenery & expert commentary.
Introducing the newest member to our fleet: “MV MARANUI”.
“MV Maranui” is a historical 1800’s fantail timber launch, that has been beautifully restored.
Enjoy a 1 hour scenic river cruise from the Riverport of Goolwa.
Pass historic Paddle Steamers as we meander downstream to the Goolwa Barrage, here the river is separated, on one side the fresh water of the Murray River, the other saltwater of the Southern Ocean. See the two boats used in both Storm Boy films.
Keep a look out for fur seals, pelicans and cormorants swimming and resting by the barrage. We then cruise into a man made inland marina, “Coorong Quays”, past stunning waterfront properties, under bridges, past luxury boats, before returning to the Goolwa Wharf.
Please “Check In” at our Main Wharf, Goolwa Office, 15 mins prior to departure time.
Boarding will commence approximately 5 minutes prior to departure time.
- Boat only takes a maximum of 12 passengers.
- There is no toilet onboard.
- Bookings are essential to avoid disappointment.
- Cancellation policy/fees apply.
- At the time of printing all itinerary and cost details are correct. However these may be subject to change, sometimes without notice, due to operational circumstances.
- The company and masters reserve the right to cancel or alter cruises at their discretion due to water levels, lock access, weather conditions or other operating conditions.
- This Cruise is not suitable for children under the age of 2.
- We require all Passengers to be sufficiently mobile to negotiate stairs and generally move about the vessel.
- There is no room onboard for walkers, prams, strollers, etc.
- As the cruise is in protected waters – motion sickness tablets are not normally required.
We’d love to have you aboard one of our Spirit of the Coorong Cruises.
If you’d like to join us, it’s important to book so you don’t miss out! Booking online is easy and if your plans change, simply call us to move your booking to a different date (subject to 48 hours notice given & availability).
If you would like any assistance to book your cruise, please contact our friendly office staff on 1800 442 203 or (08) 8555 2203.
Our cruises are casual and relaxed so casual comfortable clothing is very suitable.
- A jacket – if it is likely to be a cool day. Temperatures in Goolwa is usually 5 degrees or so cooler than Adelaide and often a cool breeze may be present.
- Sunscreen and a hat – if it is likely to be a hot day.
- Sun glasses to reduce glare.
- Water if you require a drink, (please note: there is no toilet on board).
- Cameras, still or video.
Bookings are essential to avoid disappointment.
Payment can be made by cash, visa or master card at the time of booking, or prior to cruise departure – please check-in at least 30 minutes before cruise departure if paying on departure. During peak holiday periods of Christmas, New Year and Easter full payment will be required at the time of booking.
Cancellation fees apply (100%) if your booking is cancelled on the day of the cruise departure. Please give us as much notice of your cancellation as possible to avoid cancellation fees and to allow us to re-sell your seat.
Liability. Belluna Pty Ltd (operators of Spirit of the Coorong Cruises) maintains public liability insurance but indemnifies itself against any damage, loss or injury arising out of any action or lack of action by an external party.
Rights of the Company or Master. Spirit of the Coorong Cruises reserve the right to cancel or alter cruises at their discretion due to water levels, lock access or other operational conditions.